Throughout August and September, we released a range of new features, quality of life improvements, and bug fixes to help our users continue to get the most out of :Recruit, and other Scout Talent software modules. Take a look at some of the updates we released over the past month:
Ongoing enhancement of our platform’s functionality and capabilities.
- Our software integrates with a number of HRIS systems, now including enableHR. Learn more about the platforms that :Recruit integrates with in our marketplace.
- We’ve added the ability for multiple users to pin a job to their dashboards, not just the jobs that they own. The new pinned user feature is available for all :Recruit subscribers, simply connect with your Account Executive for more information on how to activate the feature for your organisation.
- Recently, we added the new “Save Application” feature to help candidates submit their applications at a time that suited them, thus ideally resulting in more applications for your job ad. Now, we’ve added a new status for partially-complete applications so that you can identify them more easily in :Recruit. Instead of having a status of “Saved”, partially-complete applications will now have the status of “Incomplete”. It can be helpful to identify trends in where applicants become disinterested and halt their application, so that you can use that data to improve your job ads and candidate experience. Don’t want candidates to submit partially-complete applications? You can opt to turn this feature off by contacting your Account Executive for support. It is your choice, but we do recommend leaving this feature turned on to provide a more accessible application process to busy candidates.
- IntelliHR is the latest people management and data analytics platform to integrate with :Onboard. You can learn more about the platforms that integrate with Scout Talent software here.
Quality of Life Improvements
Improving our platform’s usability and making it even easier to use.
- The application timeline report shows the average time it takes an applicant to move from one status to another. We’ve made an improvement so that the report displays the in seconds only, allowing you to easily run Excel formulas as required.
- We’ve improved the Placements Advanced Reports function so that it can be run in a more customised way to suit your recruitment processes across your entities. Now, you can run Placements – Advanced Reports with statuses from subentities, too, not just the parent entity.
- We made some improvements to the way users in Australia receive information from Seek.
Continuous improvement of the platform’s performance and reliability.
- There was an issue that resulted in applicants being taken to a “job doesn’t exist” page, which has been rectified.
- We updated the styling of the Save button for the Save Application feature.
- We’ve fixed an issue affecting users in Australia when trying to import applications from Seek.
- We fixed an issue affecting users in Australia which prevented attachments from being updated within Seek.
- We fixed an issue in the Scout Talent App that prevent new applications from displaying in the App.
- Want to send an email to your new hire in French? Ce n’est pas grand chose. We fixed the issue affecting our North American users that was automatically reverting emails from French into English.
- Approval signature placeholders now render properly, once more.